Food Bills

Everybody has to eat, and more often than not, we like to eat out. Most of us aren't foodies or culinary experts, We just like good food at a decent price.

This blog is all about eating out in Chicago, generally not at the trendy places, the hoi polloi fancy spots or the big chains.

I'm definitely not a foodie, just a hard working guy that likes good food and I'm going to share my dining experiences with you. Hopefully it will give you the food layperson's view on Chicago spots. To keep your food bills in check.

I will also Include some “food news” about places located in my “hood” up on the Far North Side of Chicago and Evanston.

I do travel a lot as well, so I will also include a little page with some food notes from my travels!

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Uncle Julio's - Skokie

Decent Mexican at a good price

The warm salsa is really good....a good tell that a Mexican place will be good.  the chips were light and crispy, salted just right and mixed well with the salsa,

The Fresh Margarita (no mix, just limes and alcohol) rocked.  I would have ordered another one if I didn't have to drive.

The tacos were basic.  Nothing to rave about, but they were good and I enjoyed them.  The rice, was okay and the beans were really good!

The service was attentive and very good.  I was impressed with the location, it was done very well.  I didn't know Uncle Julio's was in Skokie, I was used to the city location.  I enjoyed it and the price was about $20 per person +/+.  Good place for a date, the only drawback, it is in old orchard mall, so at certain times, parking (in a huge lot) can still be difficult.


Uncle Julio's Fine Mexican Food on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment