Food Bills

Everybody has to eat, and more often than not, we like to eat out. Most of us aren't foodies or culinary experts, We just like good food at a decent price.

This blog is all about eating out in Chicago, generally not at the trendy places, the hoi polloi fancy spots or the big chains.

I'm definitely not a foodie, just a hard working guy that likes good food and I'm going to share my dining experiences with you. Hopefully it will give you the food layperson's view on Chicago spots. To keep your food bills in check.

I will also Include some “food news” about places located in my “hood” up on the Far North Side of Chicago and Evanston.

I do travel a lot as well, so I will also include a little page with some food notes from my travels!

Monday, April 20, 2015

Union Sushi and Barbeque Bar

Decent, but no wow factor

I recently went to Union sushi for a quick bite and have to say, as the sushi snob that I am, it was ok, but no wow factor.  

I for their california roll, spicy shrimp Roll, Shiitake Mushroom Roll and the Pickle roll.  They were all decent, but I loved the pickle roll.  The others were pretty average, but good.  All, as expected for that area, a bit on the expensive side.  

I also got the sauteed maitake mushrooms, which were really good.  I did enjoy those very much and the mushroom soup, which was bland and not that good.  

The tables are small, to pack in the crowd, the music was loud as was the general atmosphere.  It was hard to hold a conversation.  I would not recommend this place for a date, but to just hang with friends, it is okay, which is why it was fine for my trip there.  

Overall, I don't think I would go back.  I can get better sushi for a better price in the less trendy areas of the city.  I'll leave this place to the beautiful twentysomethings which seemed to love it.  

Decent sushi, no wow and a significant foob bill - 3 stars.  










Union Sushi + Barbeque Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment