Food Bills

Everybody has to eat, and more often than not, we like to eat out. Most of us aren't foodies or culinary experts, We just like good food at a decent price.

This blog is all about eating out in Chicago, generally not at the trendy places, the hoi polloi fancy spots or the big chains.

I'm definitely not a foodie, just a hard working guy that likes good food and I'm going to share my dining experiences with you. Hopefully it will give you the food layperson's view on Chicago spots. To keep your food bills in check.

I will also Include some “food news” about places located in my “hood” up on the Far North Side of Chicago and Evanston.

I do travel a lot as well, so I will also include a little page with some food notes from my travels!

Monday, July 13, 2015

Casey Moore's Oyster House - Tempe Az

Oysters in Phoenix?

Who would have thunk it?  But there are and they are dang good!

I was in Phoenix for a night, after a weekend of travel in southern Az, I was tired and in need of some good food.  I googled up places around my hotel room and found what looked to be a curious find, Casey Moore's.  What the heck, I'll try it!  

To start, the french onion soup was quite good, the perfect mix of sweet and salty, nice after taste of the cheese to mix.  The oysters were the headline, so I tried them, being weary at first, knowing how hard it is to move these things around the world.   I was floored, big, juicy and FRESH! The price for a dozen was pretty good to boot!  Round that off with some seriously good wings, with just the right kick and a HUGE salad for my friend.  I was pretty happy.  Overall, with a couple drinks, the FoodBill was quite reasonable.  

Absolutely, not a place to go to on a Friday or Saturday night, from what I hear and since ASU was out for the summer, it was a bit more quiet on the sunday evening I was there.  But, this place looks to get BUSY when school is in session.  Good music and friendly staff to boot!

  
Click to add a blog post for Casey Moore's Oyster House on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment