Food Bills

Everybody has to eat, and more often than not, we like to eat out. Most of us aren't foodies or culinary experts, We just like good food at a decent price.

This blog is all about eating out in Chicago, generally not at the trendy places, the hoi polloi fancy spots or the big chains.

I'm definitely not a foodie, just a hard working guy that likes good food and I'm going to share my dining experiences with you. Hopefully it will give you the food layperson's view on Chicago spots. To keep your food bills in check.

I will also Include some “food news” about places located in my “hood” up on the Far North Side of Chicago and Evanston.

I do travel a lot as well, so I will also include a little page with some food notes from my travels!

Monday, November 11, 2013

DanDana - North Center

Middle Eastern at its Finest


http://dandanarestaurant.com/



 You would never know that this place is there, hidden on a rather residential / commercial part of Kedzie Avenue North of Foster Ave.  I wasnt planning to go out, but the last minutes plans with friends made for a great night!

Dan Dana, starts Jumping after 1030pm and it rocks to the wee hours of the morning.  Catering to a mostly Middle Eastern, Balkan crowd, this place has some excellent food and it is BYOB, with a modest $10 cork fee.

The group got the three way mixed grill with some Jerusalem salad, you get enough to feed a small army.  We had some wine, I personally brought a 2005 Rosemount Estates Shiraz/Cab blend.  This fit nicely with the grilled meats.

After dinner, we got a double apple flavored hooka and some turkish coffee to enjoy during the show.  The music was outstanding, two talented singers and a belly dancer.  Some serious dancing and great people watching made the evening a great deal of fun!

Normally I dont go out like this, but it was a great night and definitely a great way to de-stress after a long week!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/dandana-middle-eastern-restaurant-and-hookah-bar-chicago





Dandana Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment