Food Bills

Everybody has to eat, and more often than not, we like to eat out. Most of us aren't foodies or culinary experts, We just like good food at a decent price.

This blog is all about eating out in Chicago, generally not at the trendy places, the hoi polloi fancy spots or the big chains.

I'm definitely not a foodie, just a hard working guy that likes good food and I'm going to share my dining experiences with you. Hopefully it will give you the food layperson's view on Chicago spots. To keep your food bills in check.

I will also Include some “food news” about places located in my “hood” up on the Far North Side of Chicago and Evanston.

I do travel a lot as well, so I will also include a little page with some food notes from my travels!

Monday, November 11, 2013

Luke's Italian Beef - Loop

Luke's Italian Beef on Urbanspoon

Hot Dogs in the Loop

So, my quest for the best Hot Dog continues and Luke's is a convenient lunch stop for me at work.  On Jackson just east of Franklin, Luke's is a popular stop and it gets packed at noon, so go early or late!  

The dogs are average, the wiener was over cooked and a bit bland, the onions had that rancid taste like they sat around for a while.  Everything else was just about average.  For the price tag, I think you could bo better, but the problem is that in my part of the Loop, there aren't a ton of Dog Shops.  

Granted the Fries are really good and come in a huge portion, the other items on the menu make Luke's a great place to go.  Just not the dogs.  I would usually get the beef or some pizza!  So I recommend it for everything else, but if you are a huge Hot Dog fan like I am, this may not be the place to go for a dog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment