Food Bills

Everybody has to eat, and more often than not, we like to eat out. Most of us aren't foodies or culinary experts, We just like good food at a decent price.

This blog is all about eating out in Chicago, generally not at the trendy places, the hoi polloi fancy spots or the big chains.

I'm definitely not a foodie, just a hard working guy that likes good food and I'm going to share my dining experiences with you. Hopefully it will give you the food layperson's view on Chicago spots. To keep your food bills in check.

I will also Include some “food news” about places located in my “hood” up on the Far North Side of Chicago and Evanston.

I do travel a lot as well, so I will also include a little page with some food notes from my travels!

Monday, November 25, 2013

Towbar - Rogers Park



Potato and Rosemary Soup


Towbar on UrbanspoonI was a regular at Charmers, the predecessor to Towbar, but I have to say that I do enjoy this new space and I believe it is a phenomenal addition to the Jarvis Square businesses.

I had the potato and rosemary soup and split a salmon bagel sandwich with a friend.  The soup was excellent, just the right hint of rosemary and salt.  Most of the time, place kill potato soup with salt, this one was just right.  I could have had seconds on this one!

Now, I am not a salmon fan, but my friend wanted to try it, so i gave in.  It was quite nice, the salmon was fresh and as a whole, the sandwich was refreshing and good.  I wasnt overpowered by the smokey taste that I am not a fan of with smoked salmon.

To finish, mmmm.....A great cup of coffee, and huge!  Overall, I rate this place well and suggest you try it!

UPDATE - 8/14/2014

Had a coffee and a panini.  Ok, the pair was $14.00 including the top.  The sandwich was great!  A garlic mushroom panini.  A bit smallish, could use more Mushrooms.  Came with a side salad with an herb vinaigrette that was really tasty, but again, small.  For the price, in the RP, I think you can get more.  However, it was tasty.  The cappuccino ... I dunno, had a funky aftertaste like stale folgers.  I was totally upset that the drink was so bad.  Overall, it seems to have fallen off the track a bit, now it is just okay in my book.  Good for a pinch quick meeting or get together to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment