Food Bills

Everybody has to eat, and more often than not, we like to eat out. Most of us aren't foodies or culinary experts, We just like good food at a decent price.

This blog is all about eating out in Chicago, generally not at the trendy places, the hoi polloi fancy spots or the big chains.

I'm definitely not a foodie, just a hard working guy that likes good food and I'm going to share my dining experiences with you. Hopefully it will give you the food layperson's view on Chicago spots. To keep your food bills in check.

I will also Include some “food news” about places located in my “hood” up on the Far North Side of Chicago and Evanston.

I do travel a lot as well, so I will also include a little page with some food notes from my travels!

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Sabatino's - North Center Chicago.

Chicken Sabatino

Sabatino's hands down is one of my favorite places to eat.  Why?  

I love the old school setting, the atmosphere brings me back to a time when going out to eat was an experience.  Dinner here can be a 2 hour outing, but that is no problem.  I love that they are not rushing you and that the meal is coursed with plenty of time for conversation with your friends or date.  

I went to an event in the private room, sort of family style, but not exactly.  Still a great time and a new friend made!  There is no shortage of food at Sabatino's, you leave there very satisfied!  The soup and salad are seriously a meal on their own.  

The Chicken Sabatino, a breast grilled and stuffed with wild rice, covered in Mushrooms cooked in a light wine sauce.....was excellent!  My first time having that.  

Service is unbeatable and the bar, doesn't skimp on the good stuff.  

If you want a dinner experience, rather than just a night out.  A real, old school setting and some outstanding food with pricing that will not send you a shocking FOOD BILL, I highly recommend Sabatino's!  One of My Favorites!


Sabatino's Restaurant and Lounge on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment