Food Bills

Everybody has to eat, and more often than not, we like to eat out. Most of us aren't foodies or culinary experts, We just like good food at a decent price.

This blog is all about eating out in Chicago, generally not at the trendy places, the hoi polloi fancy spots or the big chains.

I'm definitely not a foodie, just a hard working guy that likes good food and I'm going to share my dining experiences with you. Hopefully it will give you the food layperson's view on Chicago spots. To keep your food bills in check.

I will also Include some “food news” about places located in my “hood” up on the Far North Side of Chicago and Evanston.

I do travel a lot as well, so I will also include a little page with some food notes from my travels!

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Poag Mahones - Loop

Pinche Turkey Burger

Poag Mahone's on UrbanspoonMy Crew took me out for lunch yesterday for Boss's Day.  I have an awesome team of guys and I really appreciated it!.  We decided to take a little extra time to sit down and enjoy our lunch, so we headed to Poag Mahone's in the Loop. 

I had the Pinche Turkey Burger, which is out of sorts for me.  But I have been eating a lot of junk lately and tried to go healthy.  It was good, my own fault allowed it to be under cooked a bit, but overall, it was tasty.  It comes with avocado, tomato and chipotle mayo. I got it with a side salad, which was really good too and one of the guys with me got the crinkle cut fries and they were really good!

The draw back was the FOOD BILL.  $12 for a burger .... OUCH!!!  It was good and all, but not worth $12 considering it was rather small.  Poag's get an A for atmosphere, service and taste, but the FOOD BILL gets a C-. 

Not sure they care though, from what I read in their menu ... Poag Mahone translates to kiss my ass in Gaelic!  Still, a decent place if you don't mind dropping a little extra cash!  I've had the regular beef burgers there and they are awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment