Food Bills

Everybody has to eat, and more often than not, we like to eat out. Most of us aren't foodies or culinary experts, We just like good food at a decent price.

This blog is all about eating out in Chicago, generally not at the trendy places, the hoi polloi fancy spots or the big chains.

I'm definitely not a foodie, just a hard working guy that likes good food and I'm going to share my dining experiences with you. Hopefully it will give you the food layperson's view on Chicago spots. To keep your food bills in check.

I will also Include some “food news” about places located in my “hood” up on the Far North Side of Chicago and Evanston.

I do travel a lot as well, so I will also include a little page with some food notes from my travels!

Saturday, October 12, 2013

JC's Pub Ristorante - McCook IL

Prime Rib

A lovely friend took me to one of her favorite places to eat down in the Southwest burbs of Chicago.  Not an area I wold normally venture out to, but I am happy that I did.

I wasn't feeling well, I started on probiotics and my digestive system is a but delicate at the moment, but I managed to give it a good try.

I am glad I did!  I love these old Mom and Pop places!  This joint reminded my of one of my favorites, Sabatino's in Avondale.

I got a 12 ounce Prime rib that was really good.  I could not finish it!  It came iwth salad, veggies and vesuvio potatoes.  The only complaint, the veggies were a little over cooked, but who cares, the beef was on my mind.  It was cooked just right and quite flavorful.  My friend had a pasta dish with beef....I cant spell it so Im not going to try!  But it also rocked and the portions were HUGE.

Service was good, but not great.  My water glass never got filled back up, but she did come bay several times to see how we were and I just forgot to ask as well, but should I have to?  The place was good, so it didn't really take away from the experience.

My prime rib was a special for the evening at $21.  Wine was $6 a glass and not too bad at all.  Over all, great date night place, quiet  atmosphere but busy.  On the way out, the owner shook my hand and gave me a really sincere thank you.  I liked that.  I would absolutely go again!


JC's Pub & Ristorante on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment