Food Bills

Everybody has to eat, and more often than not, we like to eat out. Most of us aren't foodies or culinary experts, We just like good food at a decent price.

This blog is all about eating out in Chicago, generally not at the trendy places, the hoi polloi fancy spots or the big chains.

I'm definitely not a foodie, just a hard working guy that likes good food and I'm going to share my dining experiences with you. Hopefully it will give you the food layperson's view on Chicago spots. To keep your food bills in check.

I will also Include some “food news” about places located in my “hood” up on the Far North Side of Chicago and Evanston.

I do travel a lot as well, so I will also include a little page with some food notes from my travels!

Monday, October 7, 2013

Brickhouse - Springfield, Il.

 This past weekend I was in Springfield Illinois attending a conference.  For the most part, Springfield is not a hopping place and most places near the convention center close at like 5pm.  However, the lunch hour has several good choices and one place that was recommended was the Brickhouse.

http://brickhousegrill.net/

I like to try foods that are indigenous to the area and on Friday afternoon, I was introduced to the Horseshoe.  This is a slice of Texas toast, with your choice of meat piled on the top of the bread.  You can choose a burger, ham, turkey, roast beef, etc.  Then a pile of fries are loaded up on the plate and finally, the entire dish is covered in melted cheese.  A serious heart attack on a bun, but it was killer tasty!


But this was not the only treat!  We opened up with bacon wrapped, jalapeno and cheese chicken skewers.  Seriously....I could have made a meal of these all by themselves!

Overall, the Brickhouse gets a high rating for some seriously good pub grub, friendly service and a fun atmosphere.  I am definitely going to make this a favorite lunch spot the next time I am in Springfield!





Brickhouse Grill & Pub on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment