Food Bills

Everybody has to eat, and more often than not, we like to eat out. Most of us aren't foodies or culinary experts, We just like good food at a decent price.

This blog is all about eating out in Chicago, generally not at the trendy places, the hoi polloi fancy spots or the big chains.

I'm definitely not a foodie, just a hard working guy that likes good food and I'm going to share my dining experiences with you. Hopefully it will give you the food layperson's view on Chicago spots. To keep your food bills in check.

I will also Include some “food news” about places located in my “hood” up on the Far North Side of Chicago and Evanston.

I do travel a lot as well, so I will also include a little page with some food notes from my travels!

Friday, March 13, 2015

Club Lucky

This is how you do it!

One of my favorite Italian places in Chicago, for certain! When you walk in the door, you are taken in by the old school feel, sounds and smells.  Friendly greetings and a great bar up front, really make this a top spot in my book.  

The drink menu is fun, the wines are great and they even have a lovely list of single malts, all for a very reasonable price.  

The night started with bacon wrapped figs and roasted garlic, which were in a light mascarpone sauce.  Brilliant combination of flavors overall and the sauce was great for dipping the light crusty bread you get at the table.  

Rounded the meal off with the Veal Franceses and some gluten free rotini in marinara sauce.  WOW!  Both were excellent!  The sauce is to die for .... on both dishes!  The wines we chose were outstanding and really complimented the meals.  Finished off the set with a nice Lemon Italian Ice.

The service was outstanding, very attentive and knowledgeable.  The ambiance, really makes this a great place for a night out with friends, a date or just hanging out at the bar on your own!  

Apps, 4 drinks, entrees and dessert, under $100 before tip.  I can not recommend this place more!  A must experience and if I had 5 stars, it would rate it!



Club Lucky on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment