Food Bills

Everybody has to eat, and more often than not, we like to eat out. Most of us aren't foodies or culinary experts, We just like good food at a decent price.

This blog is all about eating out in Chicago, generally not at the trendy places, the hoi polloi fancy spots or the big chains.

I'm definitely not a foodie, just a hard working guy that likes good food and I'm going to share my dining experiences with you. Hopefully it will give you the food layperson's view on Chicago spots. To keep your food bills in check.

I will also Include some “food news” about places located in my “hood” up on the Far North Side of Chicago and Evanston.

I do travel a lot as well, so I will also include a little page with some food notes from my travels!

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Mirabel

Oy Oy Oy!  

I usually go here to get my schnitzel fix, it is a typical Old School German place.  the one thing that stands out here is the SUPER FRIENDLY staff.  They really go all out to make you feel welcome.  
The beer list is great and the prices are easy on the wallet.  The menu is small and has some seasonal items, but it is sure to please! If you just want to enjoy the bier list, they bar is a great hang out as well.  
I started off with a cup of the goulash, which is awesome!  My entree this time was the stewed oxtails and I will say this, fall off the bone good!  My friend had an order of the triple pork roll, wow!  Pork tenderloin stuffed with more pork and spinach.  
One drawback is that this place can get a bit loud.  Overall, a fun experience, great staff and really good German food.  Add in the great bier list and you have a quality night where the food bill is not a concern.  




Mirabell on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment