Food Bills

Everybody has to eat, and more often than not, we like to eat out. Most of us aren't foodies or culinary experts, We just like good food at a decent price.

This blog is all about eating out in Chicago, generally not at the trendy places, the hoi polloi fancy spots or the big chains.

I'm definitely not a foodie, just a hard working guy that likes good food and I'm going to share my dining experiences with you. Hopefully it will give you the food layperson's view on Chicago spots. To keep your food bills in check.

I will also Include some “food news” about places located in my “hood” up on the Far North Side of Chicago and Evanston.

I do travel a lot as well, so I will also include a little page with some food notes from my travels!

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Hollywood Grill

Comfort Food Time!

I've had coffee and pie/cake here several times late at night as well as a plate of the cheese fries, many times.   I have never really eaten the food there until recently.  

Let me start off by saying that the coffee and sweets are great!  Cant go wrong here.  The Cheese Fries are really good as well, one of the places I will go to for that fix!  

Service is prompt and friendly, no issues there either.  

But the food, was not something to draw me in.  We ordered a couple entrees and a couple shares.  The cheese fries, great!  The corned beef hash... was okay at best.  I ordered a Ruben, which came openfaced, but the meat was dry and overall not too appetizing.  My friend ordered the German smoked sausage and eggs, which turned out to be Eckrich style smoked sausage, nothing fancy.  

Overall the food was, eh... bland and unappetizing.  The bill was $30, which is a tad high for that lot, I would prefer to go to the deluxe Diner in Rogers Park over Hollywood.  

They still get 3 Stars because they make up for it on the late night sweets and fries and the service has always been decent for me.  

 




Hollywood Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment