Food Bills

Everybody has to eat, and more often than not, we like to eat out. Most of us aren't foodies or culinary experts, We just like good food at a decent price.

This blog is all about eating out in Chicago, generally not at the trendy places, the hoi polloi fancy spots or the big chains.

I'm definitely not a foodie, just a hard working guy that likes good food and I'm going to share my dining experiences with you. Hopefully it will give you the food layperson's view on Chicago spots. To keep your food bills in check.

I will also Include some “food news” about places located in my “hood” up on the Far North Side of Chicago and Evanston.

I do travel a lot as well, so I will also include a little page with some food notes from my travels!

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Phillip's Foote - Sydney Australia

Steak on the Barbie

A night out on the town in the Rocks area just off the Circular Quay station.  

Phillip's Foote was a fun stop for dinner.  Again, what I find is common in Sydney, a do it your self style place, it was affordable and quite good.  

You buy your drinks at the bar, the prices for drinks were comparable, but you get less.  The normal size for a beer is not a pint here, it is a Schooner, slightly smaller than a pint, but for the same price.  

The Steak, which you cook yourself on a grill was $32.  You get a good cut of beef, potatoes and salad bar.  Overall, I have to say that I was impressed with the location and the food.  I had a great time there, but the friends I was with, made it that much better.  Cheers to Qantas for organizing this wonderful outing!  

I highly recommend Phillip's Foote for a nice dinner in the Rocks area of Sydney  




Phillip's Foote on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment