Food Bills

Everybody has to eat, and more often than not, we like to eat out. Most of us aren't foodies or culinary experts, We just like good food at a decent price.

This blog is all about eating out in Chicago, generally not at the trendy places, the hoi polloi fancy spots or the big chains.

I'm definitely not a foodie, just a hard working guy that likes good food and I'm going to share my dining experiences with you. Hopefully it will give you the food layperson's view on Chicago spots. To keep your food bills in check.

I will also Include some “food news” about places located in my “hood” up on the Far North Side of Chicago and Evanston.

I do travel a lot as well, so I will also include a little page with some food notes from my travels!

Monday, September 23, 2013

Bad Apple

On a whim, I thought it would be interesting to try a place I have seen for months and have always wanted to try.  Bad Apple in Lincoln Square. 

To begin with, the interior is way cool, with some interesting wall sculptures that you have to see for yourselves.  They do a Team style service, meaning that everyone in the place can wait on you, you don't have a single person assigned to your table, so that makes it pretty convenient if you need something quickly. 

For starters, I ordered a Bloody Mary, which was phenomenal.  They use a house made horseradish infused vodka base and their own blend topped with some great relishes.  I was floored, as this was truly one of the best Bloodies I have had in quite a while. 

Since I was there with one of my favorite peeps in the world, we shared a goat cheese fondue, which was really good.  She is a professional foodie and had to agree with my evaluation of ...... mmmmmmmmmmmmm!

For Dinner, there were a couple of good sandwiches, a house made sausage with giardinara and one with grilled jerk capon.  The sandwiches were both good sized and very well plated to add to the experience.  For sides, we got an heirloom tomato salad and truffle fries.  Both were good, not great, but good.  I enjoyed everything, no complaints.

Overall, service was good, food was good, drinks were great and the food bill .... not good, not bad.  2 drinks, an app and 2 entrees, tax and tip, about $60.00.  I think the sandwiches were a little high but since they are not typical fare, it was worth the extra cost.  So I'm not complaining, but just putting it out there so you are aware.

Great Place, I would go again!

The Bad Apple on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment