Food Bills

Everybody has to eat, and more often than not, we like to eat out. Most of us aren't foodies or culinary experts, We just like good food at a decent price.

This blog is all about eating out in Chicago, generally not at the trendy places, the hoi polloi fancy spots or the big chains.

I'm definitely not a foodie, just a hard working guy that likes good food and I'm going to share my dining experiences with you. Hopefully it will give you the food layperson's view on Chicago spots. To keep your food bills in check.

I will also Include some “food news” about places located in my “hood” up on the Far North Side of Chicago and Evanston.

I do travel a lot as well, so I will also include a little page with some food notes from my travels!

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Buca di Beppo - wheeling

My empty plate, I ate it all and it was good!

Buca's a a small chain, with a couple of locations in the area.  I think it iw worth writing about because your food bill wont break the bank and you can feed a lot of people. You can feed 15 for the same bill as it would be for 4 in most other fancy joints.  The first reason for loving the joint!
  
We had 2 salads, 2 apps and 6 entrees, all family style.  No alcohol sine it was a family lunch ... yeah...  I know. But it didn't break the bank!  Service was great too, very attentive and friendly.  

I love the sauce! Their marinara is light, tangy and hits the spot is you are looking for something to bring back memories of those old school ma and pa joints that used to be all over Chicago.  The place is fun too, lots of old pictures lining the walls and of course, the Pope room is still an attraction!  Overall you can't go wrong at this place, good food, fun atmosphere and you can bring all your friends! 


Buca di Beppo on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment