Food Bills

Everybody has to eat, and more often than not, we like to eat out. Most of us aren't foodies or culinary experts, We just like good food at a decent price.

This blog is all about eating out in Chicago, generally not at the trendy places, the hoi polloi fancy spots or the big chains.

I'm definitely not a foodie, just a hard working guy that likes good food and I'm going to share my dining experiences with you. Hopefully it will give you the food layperson's view on Chicago spots. To keep your food bills in check.

I will also Include some “food news” about places located in my “hood” up on the Far North Side of Chicago and Evanston.

I do travel a lot as well, so I will also include a little page with some food notes from my travels!

Saturday, September 14, 2013

The Tasting Room

The other night I found a hidden gem that I never knew about, but was shocked to learn it has been there for 13 years.

The Tasting Room at 1415 W. Randolph.  This place is hands down, the best wine bar I have yet to visit in Chicago, for price, ambiance, food and service.

They have a nice wine list and the prices are good, about $10 for a full pour and $5 for a taste.  But that isn't all, the food menu was eye catching and the choices I had, didn't disappoint.  Bacon wrapped dates and baked brie.  The brie was good, not the best, but a tasty value.  However, the Bacon Wrapped Dates were outstanding!  Bacon wrapped and stuffed with cheese and in a light red pepper sauce....oh man!  Needless to day these disappeared fast and I was tempted to lick the plate.  

The ambiance is excellent as it is a sort of loft with large windows, wood and brick, low lighting and loaded with couches and love seats.  A definite hot date spot!!!  The place has a low volume, eye catching art works line the walls and the service is prompt and friendly.

I am adding this to my list of favorite places to go.  Webster was a fav, but now they come in at number two.

3 glasses of wine, 2 sizeable apps, tax and tip around $70.  Plenty of street parking in the area, I found a spot right away.  Cant beat that!

http://thetastingroomchicago.com/main.html

Tasting Room at Randolph Wine Cellars on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bill,

    Your first posts just appeared on Urbanspoon! Check it out:
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/2/17219/restaurant/West-Loop/Tasting-Room-at-Randolph-Wine-Cellars-Chicago
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/2/12366/restaurant/Lake-View/Cafe-El-Tapatio-Chicago

    I encourage you to claim your blog, which allows you to add a picture and change some settings. The blog photo shows up next to your posts wherever they appear on Urbanspoon. Here's how to claim:

    - Make sure you're logged into Urbanspoon

    - Go to your blog page on our site: http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/2/11882/Chicago/Food-Bills.html

    - Click "Claim your blog" in the left sidebar

    After you submit it, we may contact you to verify your claim. Check your spam email folder if your claim hasn't gone through in a day or two. You'll also find some interesting badges and widgets on your Urbanspoon blog page - look in the right sidebar.

    If you have any questions, please contact me via email.

    Thanks,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete